home > bookspace > my comments > comment:

Jennifer said:
I think that this is the best book ever written. It's one of those books that you can read over and over again and never get sick of it. I am a huge lover of fantasy books because of this book. I first read LOTR when I was about eight and it is what made me love reading so much. I am now 15 and I still love it. I probably love it even more since I understand it better now. I can't even remember how many times I've read it and I'll probably read a million more times in the future (well, that's a bit of an exaggeration...) Anyways, I know that a lot of people my age think that it's boring, but I personally think it's absolutely the BEST BOOK EVER!!!
posted Oct 19, 2007 at 4:56PM
Jennifer said:
posted Oct 19, 2007 at 4:56PM
Homereader said:
I loved these books. I have two full sets of these books and I have all the VHS’s and all the extended version dvd’s. I love the triligy so much I have watched the movies numerouse times and read the books twice.
posted Feb 8, 2007 at 4:19PM
Kayli said:
i love the books and the movies are okay!
posted Jan 19, 2007 at 11:21AM
Airith said:
I saw the movie, so I got the book and it was totally awesome! I could’nt put it down. Now I can’t decide which was better the movie or the book.
posted Jan 18, 2007 at 3:09PM
Conrad Z said:
bloody awesome.
posted Jul 12, 2006 at 3:32PM
Jack said:
This book is a realy good one that all fits together at the end.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Josh said:
This book is a really exciting adventure.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Rachel said:
This was the absoulute BEST book I have ever read. I laughed and cried and and gasped and sighed and overall thought this was the greatest. It is a hard book to get into, and Mr. Tolkien uses a lot of big words, but this book is very worth your time. Just read half of the first one and you're totally hooked. When my friend first told me about these books I thought they sounded boring, but they are DEFINATLY NOT!!!! Read them now!
posted Jul 18, 2005
Steve said:
This is one of the best stories ever! It's so engaging, thrilling and fun to read that it's hard to put the book down (whether it's your first or millionth time through!). This is a MUST read!!!
Kari said:
I give Mr. Tolkein Five stars for his lifes work, starting in the trenches of World War I give this book all the praise it deserves, all the way back to World War One.
Maddie said:
This series is a really good series about a hobbit and his friends who set off on an adventure without any idea of what it will end up as...
Marit said:
THIS IS A ABSOLUTLY WONDERFULL BOOK!!!!! I think it's probably my favorite, and I read a lot! I love this book because the plot is fantastic, the characters are extraordinarily real, and the story is gripping and intense. It's just altogether wonderfull. The basic plot is, there is one very powerful ring in the possesion of a hobbit named Frodo. In order to save Middle Earth, (the world the story takes place in), from great evil, he must make a long journey to destroy it. But the story is a lot more complex than that!!!! It's full a memorable characters and places so real you feel like you've been there. It's long, but don't get discouraged. It's totally worth it!!! ********** (5 stars aren't enough!)
Marit said:
The Lord of the Rings is, in my opinion, one of the best books in the world!!!!! My friends and I love it so much that we've formed our own "Felloship"! Tolkien was and absolute genuis! Middle Earth is so real you feel you could acctually visit it. I feel as if Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Legolas, Aragorn, Merry, Pippin, Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer, Faramir,and all of them are real people that I've known all my life! To anyone who hasn't read it: you're missing out big time! Buy a copy and get started!
Michelle Kristine Holly said:
These books are VERY good! They are a little hard to understand, so unless you feel you're pretty good, don't read it yet or you'll get confused. If you are a better reader, then yeah, definatly read it. They have a lot of stuff that wasn't in the movie, and if you read the books then you will understand the movies better and why they do stuff. Besides, it's a classic. Tolkien has done a great job in this book. The world is so complete, this could easily be a real history of a real world.
Joe said:
These books are amazing fantasies. The action and characters are very well-developed. I would absoluetly loved it! [contents: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the Ring]