home > bookspace > my comments > comment: troy /
Troy
Adele Geras
Teen Fiction GERAS

Comments  Summary  Reviews

book*fanatic*11 said:
Hugely elegant, wonderfully complex, and full of grandeur, TROY paints a detailed picture of what the Trojan War was like - for the women and girls. Told in alternating voices.
posted Jul 19, 2007 at 8:52PM
Cesc Luver said:
This book was amazing. I've read many books on the Trojan War and I think that this one was one of my favorites. It seemed to be constantly moving. There was two parts to the book. The large scale Trojan War and then there was also the romances between the original characters and the parts where you really got to know the story. I highly suggest this book.
posted Mar 1, 2007 at 11:27PM
Janie said:
This is a really good book. It's about the trojan war. The people of Troy are bored with the war and so are the gods. The gods decide they need to mix things up to make it more interesting. Aphrodite gets to Xanthe and Marpessa, sisters, and things get spicy!!! I would definetly recomend thins book even though it has a complicated plot.
posted Apr 28, 2006
Hannah said:
This was a very interesting book. I liked it a lot, but it's not one of my favorites. This book is mainly told from the Trojan point of view. The Greeks in this story are usually portrayed in a negative way. I would recommend this to people who like historical fiction and/or fantasy.
posted Mar 1, 2005
Releecca said:
This book had me hooked and I think it's the reason I started reading so much. Xanthe goes from tending wounded soldiers, to falling in love with one, meanwhile her sister Marpessa falls in love with the same man and they begin to do things her sister would hate her for. It is all the game of Aphrodite and Eros, gods, all to amuse themselves since they're bored with the war. In the end only fate will decide.
posted Jan 24, 2005
Erica said:
This is a really good book. It's set during the Trogan war and is about to sisters and how the Greek God's mess with their lives. Very good book that I recomend
posted Nov 14, 2004
Colette said:
i loved this book! it's an award winning novel about love and war, and after all, everyone loves stories about love and war! this story made me think more about history, and the actual battle of troy.
posted Nov 8, 2004
Anne said:
This book was an interesting book, for the fiction story part, but also because of the history. The characters were interesting and it was great to see the history through a character's eyes.
posted Jul 11, 2004