home > bookspace > my comments > comment: by the shores of silver lake /
By the shores of Silver Lake
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Children's Fiction WILDER

Comments  Summary  Contents  Excerpt  Author Notes

macky said:
i like little house in the big woods its very funny!there are lots of adventures i like the part where ma slaps the bear " sukey get over" , ma says, the part where they blow up the pigs blater & spat it around hahaha! i love little house in the big woods
posted Dec 19, 2011 at 5:29PM
awsomenessbookworm21 said:
I love this book it’s the best so far in the series!!
posted Feb 2, 2011 at 8:45PM
awsomenessbookworm21 said:
i really want to read this book and i am going to!!!! HOOOORRRAYYY!!!!
posted Feb 1, 2011 at 3:48PM
It is a wonder ful book again about how Laura grows up with her family.
posted Apr 1, 2010 at 1:06PM
HI PEYTON. i LOVE THIS BOOK AND THE EPISODES.sEE YAH!-EMMA11
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 5:26PM
In this book Laura is just a little girl and she gets her first doll. Everyone comes to visit at her house and she loves it! I really think any one who likes books on people who lived before us will really like this book!
posted Mar 31, 2010 at 2:31PM
Just okay. Not bad, a little less than great though.
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 8:42PM
Probably my favorite in the series.
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 8:42PM
RAZAN said:
THIS IS A GOOD BOOK
posted Aug 29, 2008 at 4:43PM
RAZAN said:
WHY IS THE GIRL CARAING A DOLL
posted Aug 29, 2008 at 4:42PM
Sarah said:
I like this book because it tells about how it would be like to live in a time without all of the new modernized technology. One of the interesting things that I like about this is that it is based on a true story. When things are based on a real story, you can really get detail. One thing I really like about this book is all of the food that they make. It describes how they make cheese and how they have to salt meat so it'll stay fresh throughout the whole winter. My favorite part is when they go to town, and Laura describes how she could look at all of the things ihn the store for a week, and still never see it all.
posted Jun 26, 2008 at 10:04PM
Sarah said:
posted Jun 26, 2008 at 10:04PM
addie said:
it was an informatonal book talking all about what it was like to be a pioneer girl living on the frontier. it showed the many diffculties having to get up early every morning to do chores and having lots of responsbilities.
posted Jun 17, 2008 at 7:54PM
addie said:
posted Jun 17, 2008 at 7:54PM
Srishti said:
This book is about a little girl that is nine years, her name is Laura. She has an older sister who's name is Mary and she has a little sister who's name is baby carrie. She also had a Ma and a Pa. This story is about her nineth winter in the Big Wooks. She also went to town for the firt time!
posted Jun 5, 2008 at 9:23PM
Anna said:
i thought it was pretty need because you can learn what your parents went through.its good education. i recoment it to 8 years & higher.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Katy said:
These books are fantastic. I love Laura's old books that tell all about history. These are my favorite books ever! I even got to go to a contest and became the 2003 Pepin Laura in Laura's birthplace! These books are so great at telling you about pioneer life. If you like history, you will love Laura's books!!!! [Series: Little House Books #1]
posted Apr 24, 2005 at 3:50PM
Brianna said:
I thought this book was great. It tells about Laura Ingalls Wilder's life. I think it is a great book for all ages. SO you should go read it. [Series: Little House Books]