home > bookspace > my comments > comment: 20,000 leagues under the sea /

Jules Verne is often considered one of the first science fiction authors, and this book in one of his greatest, in my opinion. The book is ageless, about the remarkable submarine built by the brillient Captain Nemo. The story tells of Professor Aronnax, and his two companions who are taken aboard Nemo’s Nautilus and taken on all sorts of amazing adventures. The sea imagary is incredible, uncompared to by any book I have ever read. This books is a must read, even if you aren’t a science fan.
posted Dec 13, 2011 at 4:03PM
A wonderful story of hate, revenge, adventure, and deep sea diving! I love Jules Verne and this book was one of his best.
posted Aug 19, 2009 at 10:57AM
Mohammed said:
This book was one of my favorite books I've read because it was very suspensful and full of adventure. It made me so excited, I had to read what happens next everytime I wanted to put the book down, especially on the survival scenes. One of the survival scenes was when they crash into a submarine and are about to sink.
posted Aug 6, 2006 at 9:17PM
Mohammed said:
posted Aug 6, 2006 at 9:17PM
Alex said:
It as a great book I loved it. This book had adventure and exitement. This book was also in the water and I love the water(ocean).
posted Jun 14, 2006 at 1:36PM
Alex said:
posted Jun 14, 2006 at 1:36PM

main characters Arronax
On a mission to hunt down a sea creature responsible for attacking and destryonig several ships; on board the Nautilus, a secret submarine; becomes Nemo's captive and prisoner.
Professor

Nemo
Eccentric
Captain of the Nautilus, a secret submarine he invented; on a mission to kill a sea creature; takes three prisoners aboard his ship; wants revenge on all society.
Ship's captain