home > bookspace > my comments > comment: a corner of the universe /
A corner of the universe
Ann M. Martin
Teen Fiction MARTIN

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

Julianna said:
I really liked the book because even though i can not really relate to te book, I can still like it
posted Aug 3, 2012 at 9:01AM
Julianna said:
posted Aug 3, 2012 at 9:01AM
jazzy2 said:
This book is amazing! It so inspiring, and shows you a new point of view on life. Great read, but the ending is a little sad.
posted Aug 26, 2011 at 7:49AM
Yowaffle said:
This book has inspired me so much over the past year or so. This is a great book that all teens should read. I loved the book so much as it taught me to believe in yourself, your family, and the mentally ill. As they can teach you something far more real then you can imagine... YoWaffle! : )
posted Mar 26, 2007 at 5:35PM
cherry said:
I think that this is the one of the best books i ever read,it taught me to trust my family. i once hated every one in my family.
posted Mar 9, 2007 at 4:23PM
Fleur said:
This book was very sweet. I think it really does teach a lesson to whoever reads it, and Adam is such a beautifully developped character who I loved with all my heart. Definately read it.
posted Jan 14, 2007 at 2:06PM
Heather said:
I thought this book was very interesting. It was touching and made me think. It made me realize how much people are getting bullied in our world just because they are different.
posted Jul 29, 2006 at 8:13PM
Heather said:
posted Jul 29, 2006 at 8:13PM
Jillian said:
I thought that this was a wonderful book about a girl named Hattie that her parents own a boarding house and they have a brother named Adam that has a mental problem that they don't tell Hattie about until she is almost eleven. What will Hattie think about her newly discovered uncle? Read this great read and find out. This book will bring you in a corner of the universe.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Louise said:
I really loved this book a lot because it talked about how when all faith is lost in your family and you, there may be someone there to help you. That someone may even be a person that has mental disabilities. In this book Hattie (the main character) really inspired me, because of her love for her mentally ill uncle that she never knew about. When she finds out he has killed himself, she is really sad, because she remembers the good and bad times she had with him.
posted Aug 6, 2005
Kristine said:
This is an incredibly sad book that everyone needs to read. It has lessons of how to treat somebody-about how some people are different. I love this book, and I strongly recommend it! Oh ho, ho, ho! (You have to read the book to get that part).
posted Jun 10, 2004
Juhee said:
The story of A Corner in the Universe was very touching, and dealed with a mentally ill uncle of the main character, Hattie. Hattie finds adventure and delightment around ever corner as she tries to "lift the corners of the universe" as Adam, her mentally disabled uncle has told her.The two of them along with the reader will go through pain and humiliation as Hattie tries to overcome things even through a tragic end.
posted Jun 2, 2004
Amanda said:
This book had a simple type of writing. It wasn't very descriptive, but you want to read more of it. I thought that the book as a whole, was very well written. A girl named Hattie is normal like everybody else but she meets an uncle that she's never heard of and has a mental illness. The ending was really sad, it made u realize that everyone should be treated well.
Gauri said:
I really liked reading this book. It has a really interesting storyline and the way it is narrated is amazing. I felt like I was actually with Hattie and I could feel her emotions. Even thoguh this wasn't a thriller or a mystery, I couldn't put this book down because I always wanted to know what would happen next. This is a great book and i highly reccomend you read it!