home > bookspace > my comments > comment: and then there were none /
And then there were none
Agatha Christie
Adult Fiction CHRISTIE

Comments  Author Notes

long lake library staff said:
Also known as Ten Little Indians, this mystery has 10 strangers (each of whom has a secret of their own) trapped on an island where they are being killed off one by one. No familiar detective (Marple, Poirot) due to the setup. This book is a classic.
posted Apr 22, 2013 at 5:44PM
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:56PM
The best book from The Queen of Crime! I swear, you won't be able to tell who did it. I swear. It's a little hard to get into at first, but it's so worth it. Fiction; Mystery
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:55PM
The best book from The Queen of Crime! I swear, you won't be able to tell who did it. I swear. It's a little hard to get into at first, but it's so worth it. i
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:54PM
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:54PM
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:45PM
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:39PM
This is an amazing book. My first Agatha Christie book WAS not my last, because this book will keep my reading them all until i’ve read all 80 . The plot is virtually impossible, so once we all get down to the last two we are startled in our seats, in perfect shock. Weather you like mysteries or not, this is a MUST.
posted Jul 13, 2010 at 2:30PM
Ten strangers—a rich playboy, a careless doctor, an army general, an ex-police inspector, a rigidly religious old woman, a husband-and-wife servant couple, a young schoolmarm, a court judge, and a con man—are invited to an island vacation by Mr. and Mrs. U.N. Owen. But once they arrive on the island and the boat to the mainland departs, they find an empty house—no hosts to greet them and only each other (and they’re all strangers) for company. But there is an explanation waiting. A gramophone recording announces that the ten of them have been gathered together because each committed a crime and got away with it. Each guest is responsible for the death of someone else, and for whatever reason, their crimes could not be proved. Well, justice is about to be served. One by one, the guests start dying—poisoned, shot, bashed in the head, pushed off a cliff. Someone is on the island, picking off guests one by one, and all the ten guests have to guide them is a nursery rhyme hanging on the wall and ten little statues that disappear one by one as each guest is polished off. And Then There None, also published as Ten Little Indians, is renowned mystery author Agatha Christie’s best known, best loved, and most successfully plotted whodunit. Readers have been trying to puzzle this one out, and being knocked head-over-heels by the twist ending, for decades. Irresistibly baffling, this is one of the best countdowns in literary history. Christie (1890-1976), who wrote over sixty novels and over one-hundred short stories, had a thing for numbers in her titles. In addition to And Then There Were None/ Ten Little Indians, readers can count on more mystery in Towards Zero, One Two Buckle My Shoe, Murder in Three Acts, Third Girl, The Big Four, Five Little Pigs, The Seven Dials Mystery, and Thirteen Problems.
posted Mar 11, 2010 at 10:55PM
funnywuzzy13 said:
The first book by Agatha Christie that I read... after reading it I have become addicted to her work. This book still holds a top spot in my list though.
posted Sep 4, 2009 at 3:48AM
YAYA said:
This is a great book. I could not put it down either. It is better than the movie. You will be very suprised at what happens at the ending.
posted Mar 17, 2007 at 11:30AM
hey_u244 said:
This book is awesome! I read it over the summer and I could not put it down. It is really good, with a surprising twist at the end.
posted Dec 2, 2006 at 11:08PM