home > bookspace > my comments > comment: just listen : a novel /
Just listen : a novel
Sarah Dessen
Teen Fiction DESSEN

this is a great example of quality writing. thanks for this one.
posted Sep 29, 2011 at 6:17AM
coolio said:
awesome book! loved every word of it!! :)
posted Sep 24, 2011 at 2:31PM
great girl reads said:
A little mature but very touching.
posted May 19, 2011 at 2:53PM
I didn't think I would like Sarah Dessen's writing style but it worked out for me, great read!
posted Mar 22, 2010 at 9:02PM
I really love this book! i’m a huge fan of music so i’m glad that Sarah Dessen included music as a big factor toward Owen.Ever since I read this book, I’ve been reading all the other books she wrote and she’s now my favorite author! I also love how her books are somewhat connected to each other, like how Annabel sees Macy and Wes at the Waffle House,... sweet!
posted Jan 26, 2010 at 10:42AM
AllieRose said:
A story of family, friendship, love, loss, and music.
posted Jan 22, 2010 at 10:01PM
Hannah :) said:
This is my favourite Sarah Dessen book. i Like It.Its Really Sweet :D
posted Oct 19, 2009 at 10:45AM
musicluverrr said:
this book is soooo sad i cried but it's really sweet too! one of the best books i've ever read.
posted May 27, 2009 at 4:41PM
Vampfreak said:
i’ve heard really good things about this author and had to come and read it. Sarah Dessen definately knows how to write a really great novel. It was sweeeet and sad and so many other incredible feelings wrapped into a really awesome book! (ps:i luvv Owen)
posted May 13, 2009 at 9:50PM
kb4444 said:
I kinda reluctantly picked up this book and was pleasantly surprised. It was sooo good. I'm totally gonna read more books by this author!
posted May 10, 2009 at 4:39PM
musiclover15girl said:
This is one of the best books i've ever read. It's really sweet and so sad! You will LOVE it!!!!!!!!and Owen is so amazing and perfect! lol
posted Apr 7, 2009 at 2:34PM
musiclover15girl said:
posted Apr 7, 2009 at 2:32PM
I absolutely loved this book! Sarah Dessen is an incredible writer. This Lullabye is als good for people who enjoyed this book.
posted Oct 3, 2008 at 6:25PM
I realy liked this book about telling the truth and just listening to yourself
posted Aug 18, 2008 at 1:07AM
Stephnails said:
I have never read a book like this before!! It’s good for girls ages 12-17 or even adults looking for a younger read!! Since I’ve read this I’m planning on looking for other books by Sarah Dessen.
posted May 27, 2008 at 5:53PM
akcbannan said:
i LOVE Sarah Dessen!!!! This book is about boys, girls, telling the truth and lots of music! i LOVED IT!!!!!! 9.5
posted Oct 30, 2007 at 5:28PM
Rachel said:
This book was absolutely fantastic. Sarah Dessen is my favorite author because of the way she writes, and this book was no different. I could not put it down for a second! I recommend this book to anyone who has read a Sarah Dessen book before and loved it. It teaches you about trust and friendship, and how everyone's not always how they seem. It it's incredible!
posted Jul 17, 2007 at 3:54PM
Rachel said:
posted Jul 17, 2007 at 3:54PM
Inshehar said:
This was an amazing book! To me, it was entertaining and hard to put down. What attracted me to read this book was the cover. Cover and title give you a clue of how awesome this book will be! Read this book!!!
posted Jun 26, 2007 at 10:43PM
Inshehar said:
posted Jun 26, 2007 at 10:43PM
Sara said:
I thought this was a wonderful book. It is one of Sarah Dessen's greatest. It was pretty sad at the beginning when Annabel (the main character) is describing her life and what came of it. Then as things got worse in Annabel's life, Sarah Dessen sends in a character to get Annabel to open up and to tell the truth. Rather than telling little white lies just to protect the people she loves. This is one of the best books I've read, and anybody would love this book!!
posted Jun 22, 2007 at 11:31AM
Sara said:
posted Jun 22, 2007 at 11:31AM
readinbug_1456 said:
This book was soooooooooo good! It is a book that every girl should read. I definitely recommend this to anyone-it has such a great plot and moral. I hope you read it!
posted Jun 10, 2007 at 11:41PM
GirlX said:
Very good, unexpected.
posted Mar 25, 2007 at 12:29PM
Safia said:
This was an AWESOME book by my favorite author Sarah Dessen. It's about the struggles a girl, who seems to have a perfect life, faces. It has great values and deals with tough teen issues including self-image, overcoming eating disoders, friendship, rape, and the lies we tell everyday. I recommend it to every teenage girl. Check it out!
posted Jun 18, 2006 at 10:22PM
Listen to an audio review by Library staff
Get the Flash Player to see this player.