home > bookspace > my comments > comment: redwall /
Redwall
Brian Jacques
Children's Fiction JACQUES

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

This series has about fifteen books, but they're out of order. I got lost around the fourth one, but the first one is really worth reading. The first, chronologically, is Lord Brocktree, but I don't know what the next one is. This is like the fourth or something.
posted Jan 24, 2013 at 6:52PM
posted Nov 28, 2012 at 4:15PM
Reverdy01 said:
i agree
posted Jul 24, 2010 at 12:44PM
probablynarnia said:
It's hard to get into these when you're older because the concept of mice and squirrels fighting rats and ferrets is a little off-putting to some, but I started reading them when I was ten and still will take a trip to the children's section whenever a new one comes out.
posted Jul 12, 2010 at 11:14PM
probablynarnia said:
It's hard to get into these when you're older because the concept of mice and squirrels fighting rats and ferrets is a little off-putting to some, but I starteed reading them when I was ten and still will take a trip to the children's section whenever a new one comes out.
posted Jul 11, 2010 at 10:25PM
Tide said:
I was taught to read with these books. They may sound kiddish to some, but hey I love them! The also come in audio, which are really great to listen to if your stuck cleaning you room under the threat of not being allowed to see that movie tonight ;)!!
posted Mar 27, 2010 at 9:34AM
Katie said:
I loved this book so much, the characters and the dialogue really makes it seem realistic! There were so many surprises! The book was especially better than the graphic novel in my opinion. Overall Redwall was an awesome book to read, praise for Brian Jacques!
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 2:06PM
Katie said:
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 2:06PM
I liked this book alright.
posted Feb 29, 2008 at 12:19PM
KitKat said:
redwall rocks!!!!!!!!!!!
posted Feb 28, 2008 at 3:42PM
KitKat said:
Redwall is a cool book I realy love it it is cool because the mice are alive and thier is no people Redwal Rocks
posted Feb 5, 2008 at 9:09PM
djtopp3 said:
My freind Katie is the one who told me to read this book i am so glad she told me to! This is the best book so far i am totally going to read the series!
posted Jan 27, 2008 at 6:54PM
gretchen30 said:
This is a great chapter book for little boys (& girls). I read this when I was little and am now sharing the adventure with my own children. Each chapter is short, just a few pages and makes finishing one an easy accomplishment. The story line is fabulous and full of imagination. The character development is wonderful, you fall in love with the mice of Redwall right away. You’ll end up cheering for the creatures of Mossflower and booing the war rat Cluny & his hord. My son & I enjoyed reading this book together. Everyone should have this book on their reading list!!
posted Sep 6, 2006 at 4:46PM
Daniel said:
It's a cool book. My favorite character is Matthias. I think kids who like mystery and action should read this book. [Series: Redwall #1]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Sophia said:
Redwall is about a bunch of peaceful small animals, like moles, mice,hedgehogs, squirlels, a badger and some otters, who learn how to fight to defend the abbye.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Jessamine said:
I love it because it is pure and simple fantasy with just enough war with bloodthirsty battle.
posted Nov 6, 2004
Colette said:
I loved this book. it was posibly my all-time favorite book. i like this kind of book. animals as people. as you read, you begin to think the animals are like people. it also tells you a story about bravery and courage, and growing. it tells a story about a young mouse who grows, and becomes the warrior of Redwall abbey. [Series: Redwall #1]
Gina said:
This book was good, but pretty unrealistic because first of all mice don't talk and dress like people and live in castles and stuff, if this really happened it would be good. They all have really long names that make it hard to remember. [Series: Redwall #1]
Shannon said:
This is an AWSOME book! Although a lot of kids my age (especially girls) think that it's too young or "It's all about fighting or cooking" (yeah RIGHT!) I find it and the fourteen or fifteen other Redwall books great easy reads. There is a beautiful Abbey made of red sandstone in the country of Mossflower, a place of peace and sanctuary where good creatures live and work. It's not an Abbey like monks chanting all day in a grey stone cathedral; it's busy, happy, lovely place. Matthias is a bumbling young mouse, left as an orphan at the Abbey gates when a babe, who dreams of being a Warrior like Martin the Warrior, a legendary hero and founder of Redwall in ages lost to count. But, as the wise, kindly Abbot Mortimer tells him, the time of wars is over. Or so the peaceful Abbeydwellers think.... On the night of the Feast of the Summer of the Late Rose, Cluny, the warlord rat, comes to the area with one goal in mind: Capturing the great, strong, beautiful Redwall... So Matthias must rise up, take up Martin's famous sword, and defend the home he loves.... Five stars isn't enough for this new favorite of mine! After reading the original Redwall, I sugggest reading the books in the order they where written... And DO NOT READ 'Mattimeo' next! Becaues, believe me, you will fall totally and completely in love with the characters that grace both that and 'Redwall', who do not appear in any of the following books. Also suggested by me: ~The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien(!!!!!) ~Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen ~The Call of the Wild, Jack London [Series: Redwall #1]