home > bookspace > my comments > comment: dinosaurs before dark /
Dinosaurs before dark
Mary Pope Osborne
Children's Fiction OSBORNE

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

Book 2 of the Magic Tree House series. A great book, historically acurate and great for kids. In the book, Jack and Annie return to the tree house and wish to go back to the Middle Ages, where they sneak into a castle to see a feast, get caught by the guards, barely escape, fall into the moat, and get carried back to the tree house by a knight and his horse. It is a very fun book.
posted Feb 25, 2012 at 5:13PM
Book 1 in the Magic Tree House Series. This is such a fun book, about a brother and sister who discover a magic tree house filled with books that take them to different places. In this one, they go to the time of dinosaurs, where they meet several dinosaurs, run for their lives, and find a medalion with a M on it. I loved this series growing up because it was a fun series and taught me a lot about history. I highly recommend it.
posted Feb 24, 2012 at 6:31PM
Tee-tee said:
The magic treehouse series features siblings Jack and Annie traveling through time together, usually on a quest to help their magician friend and usually learning about a certain historical place and era in the process. Books 1-28 recommended; the later "Merlin mission" books (29-46) are a bit long nag pages with pictures too far between for this preschooler's.
posted Jul 28, 2011 at 8:17PM
Ashlyn said:
I like how they meet so many dinosaurs and how they thought were the first people to visit dinosaur land but Marlun was the first.
posted Jun 15, 2011 at 2:34PM
Lily said:
Dinosaurs before Dark was awesome! I really liked the end because Annie saved her bigger brother with the Pteranadon. You should read this book because the dinosaurs are really cool.
posted Jun 7, 2011 at 11:28AM
Lily said:
posted Jun 7, 2011 at 11:28AM
Eva said:
I liked this book because Jack and Annie the main characters find a tree house filled with books.It is fun to read as it is magical.
posted Jun 16, 2010 at 7:31PM
Eva said:
posted Jun 16, 2010 at 7:31PM
Haley oestreich said:
the book is about two kids named Jack and Annie.One day they where walking in the woods and they saw a treehouse and they climed up the rope latter.They saw a lot of books.There was a big M on the wooden flor.So they look at all of the books.There was about 50 books.They have every book in the world.They have a book about china Japan and canada.
posted Jan 2, 2008 at 2:06PM
Timmy said:
The book was fascinating because Jack and Annie went back in time in the magic tree house. It was cool because another person who owns the tree house let a gold medallion back in time.
posted Jul 12, 2007 at 1:28PM
Timmy said:
posted Jul 12, 2007 at 1:28PM
Alex said:
This was a really good book because it had really good sentences, and pictures.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Katelyn said:
I loved it. I love Magic Tree House books.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Alex said:
I liked it a lot. It has good pictures and good sentences to read. It was a very good book.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
This book teaches us about how dinosaurs live long ago. Jack and Annie helped the dinosaurs get along with each other. [Series: Magic Tree House]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Tristan said:
Everybody that likes exiting books should read this book. Jack and Annie get locked in a dungeon. This is a really good book. Anybody can read this book.[Series: The Magic Tree House]
posted Jun 17, 2005 at 10:41AM
Tristan said:
I liked this book alot.One thing I liked about this book is that I learned alot about dinosaurs.This is the first book of The Magic Tree House series.This is a really good book.
posted Jun 16, 2005 at 2:07PM
Sophie said:
I like that Jack and Annie go back in time. It would be fun to ride a dinosaur like Jack did. Magic Tree House books are fun to read! [Series: Magic Tree House]
posted Jun 15, 2005 at 12:21PM