home > bookspace > my comments > comment: wuthering heights /
Wuthering heights
Emily Bronte
Adult Fiction BRONTE

Literary soulmate - Heathcliff.
posted Feb 13, 2014 at 12:35PM
Can you say compulsive, co-dependent and nuts!
posted Jan 26, 2010 at 3:03PM
Scarbelline said:
"Be with me always-take any form-drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!" -Heathcliff. My favorite along with Gone With the Wind. The story of the passionate and all-consuming love between Cathy and Heathcliff.
posted Nov 8, 2009 at 5:09PM
Hannah :) said:
I like it. I didnt expect it though. and What makes it better is that its Bella And Edwards Favouite:)
posted Oct 19, 2009 at 10:49AM
lis16420 said:
A maddening book, but a worthwhile read. I liked it enough.
posted Mar 30, 2009 at 11:25PM
charms09200 said:
One of the greatest love stories of all time. It is writen in older English, and she uses the word countenance alot, but it is marvelous. I would suggest anyone the ages 14 (who like to read) and up.
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 11:14PM
One of my very favorite books (if not my all-time fave). Wuthering Heights is a deep, dark story about love, passion, hatred,vengance, and the effect our lives have on others. An essential classic.
posted Apr 5, 2008 at 6:34PM
Shagufta said:
The first 50 pages of this book are extremely confusing. It is in old English and there are so many confusing characters. It did prevent me from fully understanding the rest of the book. But, I think I did get the "jest" of it. It is about two lovers named Catherine and Heathcliff. These two people complete each other. However, Heathcliff was admitted as an orphan into Catherine's house and marriage between them would be considered crazy. Catherine marries Edgar Linton, her other childhood friend and archenemy of Heathcliff. Edgar Linton is a well bread, rich, and handsome man. Heathcliff cannot stand Catherine's love for Edgar and is determined to take revenge out on all of Edgar & Catherine's relatives.
posted Jul 15, 2006 at 4:35PM
Shagufta said:
posted Jul 15, 2006 at 4:35PM
Marit said:
I wasn't expecting this book to be that good, even though it is a classic. But I loved it! It wasn't hard to read, and after the first couple of chapters it really drew me in and kept me interested. The characters are very memorable, and though it is a sad story it isn't completly depressing and morbid; there are some very likable characters and happy moments. I highly recommend it.
posted Aug 8, 2005