home > bookspace > my comments > comment: because of winn-dixie /
Because of Winn-Dixie
Kate DiCamillo
Children's Fiction DICAMIL

lilyflower03 said:
This is a great book to read if you like dogs and are looking for a quick read.
posted Jun 29, 2014 at 4:09PM
daisy,daisy said:
i really like this book.and i liked winn-dixie.
posted Dec 30, 2012 at 4:55PM
A girl and her dog...and a changing world because of Winn-Dixie. A great classic.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 3:40PM
It was so cute, it was rather annoying. People do not get all nice to you just because you have a dog by your side. Still, it was a nice kids story, but not something you could read more then once with being annoyed by how unrealistic everything was.
posted Mar 28, 2012 at 3:10PM
jazzy2 said:
Love this book! I read it 3 times in 3rd grade.
posted Aug 5, 2011 at 7:23AM
sabi46 said:
i love it and i bet u would to
posted Mar 26, 2011 at 12:27PM
probablynarnia said:
It's been a while since I read this one, but it's a wonderful book for any age reader.
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 9:58PM
Hopkins Eisenhower Grade 4 Room 78 said:
Opal just moved to Naomi and she finds a stray dog. The dog changes her whole life. The dog's name is Winn-Dixie. Read the book to find out how the dog gots its name.
posted Sep 15, 2010 at 11:41AM
probablynarnia said:
It's been a while since I read this one, but I it's a wonderful book for any age reader.
posted Jul 11, 2010 at 11:27PM
epirkl said:
This book is meant for the younger reader... I read it in second grade. But it was great. It's easy to read and the message is nice.
posted Jun 15, 2010 at 4:31PM
Allison said:
Because of Winn-Dixie was a very good book.Is about a girl named Opal hat finds a dog and names it Winn-Dixie.Opal's dad is a preacher and he dosen wan he dog.Winn-Dixie teaches Opal alot about life,friends and family
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:33PM
i love it
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:36PM
Ali said:
i love it
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:36PM
Lyuba said:
This is the best book ever. Its about a girl who finds a dog. What will heppend next? Evryone shuld reed this book!
posted Aug 16, 2007 at 11:55AM
Lyuba said:
posted Aug 16, 2007 at 11:55AM
Abigail said:
This is a book about a girl named India Opal Buloni. Her mom left her dad when she was one year old. Her dad is a preacher at a church and the store is called Winn-Dixie. She pretends the dog os hers and names it after the grocery store. You will love it!!!!!!!!
posted May 1, 2007 at 10:28AM
Abigail said:
posted May 1, 2007 at 10:28AM
Kabreeya5 said:
I think it is a very good book to but my teacher had read it to me and then i wanted to read it again so i had to cherck it out
posted Jan 31, 2007 at 6:20PM
Roxi said:
I aHATE this book. Do NOT read this book!
posted Oct 11, 2006 at 3:46PM
Rachel said:
Its great. Its sad and funny
posted Oct 11, 2006 at 10:45AM
Rachel said:
Its great. Its sad and funny
posted Oct 11, 2006 at 10:45AM
Kaitlyn said:
it was funny and i liked reading it
posted Aug 5, 2006 at 2:54PM
Kaitlyn said:
it was funny and i liked reading it
posted Aug 5, 2006 at 2:54PM
Bobbi said:
I think it was a great book but it could of been better by more chapters. It could of been better by some pictures.But still I think it is a great book.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Maria said:
Winn-Dixie is a very good book to read. I liked because a girl that lives with dad and she finds a dog that she wants and she names it Winn-Dixie.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Michael said:
This was a great book! One of the best books I have read in a long time. I am the one who wrote the review about " The Tiger Rising" you shoud read this book if you like dogs. Kate DiCamillo is one of my favorite authors, also. She is from Minnestoa.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Hannah said:
This book is really sweet. 'Because of Winn-Dixie' is about a lonely girl with out a mother who finds a dog while shopping in a supermarket. She doesn't even know the dog but claimes it's hers. After a coupple days it finds her friends and brings her family together, even with twists and turns.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
McKenzie said:
This was one of my favorite books because it has a dog in it and was fun and interesting and had some action. I love this book no wonder it has a Newberry Honor Award.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Bryan said:
I thought that this book was a really good book because it had lots of different catagories of books in it. It had catagories from adventurous and freaky-like books! My favorite part of the book was when Winn-Dixie tried to catch a mouse in church. It is an inspiring book for any ages and it if it wasn't a newberry award book, it should be!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Avery said:
What a great book to read. It's a great book, and I think Winn-Dixie is funny.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Beth said:
This is a great book. It is about a girl who adopts a mangy dog and fixes it, and the dog changes her life. Read Kate DiCamillo's second book, The Tiger Rising
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Emily said:
Great book! A story abuot a boy and his dog. Very touching!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
hannah said:
I thout this was a good book because it is abuot a girl who tells a story about her life and how hard it is to have lost your mom and she discovers that everyone has somthing sad in thier life.she figures it out when someone gives her a candy and everyone thinks it tasts sad.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Liz said:
I loved it. I recomend this book for grades 3-5.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Carly said:
This book is about a little mouse who was born tiny with big ears and thought he was a misfit in his family. all that goes away once he meets Princes Pea who live in the castle of the King.Despereaux falls deeply in love with her. Find out what happens next in the book!
posted Dec 27, 2005 at 6:04PM
Lauren said:
It was a good book because Opal meets new friends because of her dog. Winn Dixie makes Opal very happy.
posted Jul 26, 2005 at 10:09PM
Mike said:
It was a touching and enchanting story. When Despereaux is unwanted by his family he runs off and becomes friends with Princess Pea. Those two, along with Miggery Sow, Roscuro, and a pile of other characters, take an adventure you'll never forget.
posted Jul 11, 2005 at 3:04PM
Laura said:
I really liked this book. The words really helped me picture what was happining
posted Jun 25, 2005 at 1:20PM
Emily said:
What I like most about this book is the dog named WinnDixies character. For example, his friendly smile and how he can't bear to be left alone.
posted Jun 18, 2005 at 3:15PM
Libby said:
I think this ios a great book for people any age to read it tells about the friendship a dog and a girl can have. If you loike animals read this book.
posted Mar 1, 2005 at 5:56PM
Kathryn said:
I love this book! It is about a girl named Opal and she finds a dod in super market. She had justed moved and had now friends yet that summer,she meets an old lady too!
posted Jan 15, 2005
Alexander said:
I thought this book was really good because first it's happy, but then soon it gets sad, but then it gets happy again. It's a great book.
posted Jun 11, 2004 at 8:51AM
Jacqueline said:
I thought this book was kind of a sad one but also funny at times! It also has a great lesson in it. If you are in for a good short read I would highly reccomend Because of Winn-Dixie
posted Jun 8, 2004 at 8:30AM