home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the wanderer /
The Wanderer
Sharon Creech
Children's Fiction CREECH

Comments  Summary  Contents  Excerpt  Reviews  Author Notes

matt said:
This is the best book ive ever read! i think it is a very great book because sometimes its funny and sometimes its scary.
posted Feb 19, 2007 at 6:37PM
matt said:
posted Feb 19, 2007 at 6:37PM
Siri said:
I thought that this was a pretty good book. it has a suprising end. When i was reading it, it seemed so predictable, but i learned otherwise. the plot is somewhat confusing, but if you stay on top of it, it'll be the best book you've read in a long time.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
chelsey said:
ithought that the book wasgreat it was 1 of the best books I read and I thought that the book would be boring because it started out as a poem and I do not like poems but it turned out as a great book.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Maggie said:
This book is my favorite of all times!!! It has a lot of characters and has a lot of different destinations. It made me feel happy because my favorite thing to do is swim and there is water in the book...
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Tara said:
I loved this book so much it was a very interesting story and beleive me it was humourous, sad, and happy! I just think that Sharon Creech is an amazing author and can do so much better than what she did in this book but it really is a truly amazing story that I enjoyed a lot a lot a lot!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Heather said:
Amazing, awesome, undescribable in words. No wonder it got a Newberry Medal!!! I was drawn into its suspenseful plot about a fearsome trip across the ocean, and discoveries of the truth. This book is truly wonderful, astounding, astonishing, apprensive, and every other discribing word there is.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Jennifer said:
This girl is traveling across the ocean to England to see Bompie, her grandfather, who is ill. She is going to travel on boat on the Wanderer. But she is going with 4 uncles and 2 boy cousins so she is the only one on the boat as a girl. on the way a whole lot of trouble and arguments hhappen/ but finally they all make it to england...
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Sophia said:
I thought this was a great book! It's the journal of Sophie and Cody, cousins, as they journey accross the sea from America to England with uncles and cousins. Everyone is a boy accept Sophie. Sohie is an inspiration for her cousins and her uncles and everyone looks at her in a different light at the end when they find out somthing about her past that Sophie has tried to forget.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Sophia said:
The journal of Cody and Sophie, cousins, as they make a voyage from America to England with their cousin, Brian, 1 uncles, Uncle Dock and Brians dad, Uncle Mo, and Cody's dad, Uncle Stew.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Lucy said:
Sharon Creech is a phenominal author. The Wanderer is the story of a 13 year old girl, Sophie, and her 13 year old cousin, Cody. It is the story of their adventure while crossing the Atlantic Ocean to get to Bompie's, their grandpa, house in England. It was wonderful!
posted Feb 5, 2006 at 4:05PM
Susan said:
Sophie is the only girl aboard in this mystical, comical voyage across the sea to England with her three uncles and two cousins, the know-it-all brainy busybody Brian and charming, capricious, comical Cody. Her mysterious past leads her on her quest for England and discovery of the hazy tragedy she willed herself to forget. It's not all mystic; get reading for a rambunctions adventure across the sea.
posted Jul 19, 2004 at 5:57PM
Erin said:
I thought this was an excellent book because it involved adventure and action. Sophie is the girl who tells the story in her diary. After awhile I started to relate to her way of thinking, and in a way she is like me. She discovers once she gets to know someone it can totally change the way she once thought of this person. She is very kind but can be testy. In fact, some people think she is just plain weird when she starts telling stories that she says her "Bompie" (her foster parents' dad, her Grandpa) once told her but she has never met her real grandpa and that is why she is sailing across the ocean to Europe. She wants to meet her grandpa and take care of him. And she gets to sail in an old fashioned ship with her three uncles and her two cousins. This book is truly magical and you will never be able to put it down! I know I couldn't!
posted May 26, 2004 at 2:42PM
Tabby said:
this book is about a 13 year old girl set out to sea half way across the world to meet her long lost grandfather, Bompie. But she is confused about whether she does or doesn't want to see him