home > bookspace > my comments > comment: hoot /
Hoot
Hiaasen, Carl
Teen Fiction HIAASEN

yoyo11 said:
This is my favotite book of all times! ( , I love owls)
posted Aug 10, 2011 at 12:44PM
probablynarnia said:
A really fun story about standing up for what you believe in. (Wow, that sounded really cheezy. Seriously, though. Read it.)
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 10:35PM
probablynarnia said:
A really fun story about standing up for what you believe in. (wow, that sounded really cheezy. Seriously, though. Read it.)
posted Sep 23, 2010 at 10:06PM
WONDERFUL BOOK!
posted Apr 1, 2010 at 1:00PM
CLBooks said:
I love this book and this author it is just so fun to read! It’s funny and suspensful and everything possibly that a book can have in it that is good! If you are a picky reader just like I am give it a chance it’s a great book!
posted Mar 13, 2010 at 10:23PM
Booklover2 said:
This is a very cute story. Loved it!!!
posted Jul 25, 2009 at 4:42PM
scamper125 said:
set in Florida. can't tell you much or it'll ruin the end
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:41AM
BookLove123 said:
I like this book! Its mysterious and funny and its a great animal lover book
posted Jun 29, 2008 at 8:27PM
Catlver said:
I read this book about fifty times before I gave it to my teacher. :)
posted Jun 23, 2008 at 3:14PM
Maggie said:
This is a great book because it has adventure and it was very greatly detailed!Carl hiassen is a fantastic author
posted Jun 27, 2007 at 9:50AM
Maggie said:
posted Jun 27, 2007 at 9:50AM
Hogan Kelly said:
I thought that the book was incredible. i could read that book over & over again!!
posted Mar 30, 2007 at 7:31PM
I usually read the book before I see the movie. This was an exception. After reading this book, I'm in the process of reading all his books.
posted Feb 23, 2007 at 7:56AM
Maddie said:
I would recomend this book to anyone who wants an funny and exiting book!
posted Dec 8, 2006 at 3:53PM
Maddie said:
I would recomend this book to anyone who wants an funny and exiting book!
posted Dec 8, 2006 at 3:53PM
Lizzie G said:
This isnt exactly the kind of book that glues your eyes to the page, but it’s a good and funny story, with great characters and a good plot also.
posted Nov 22, 2006 at 10:28AM
SARAH said:
I THINK THAT IT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER.
posted Nov 7, 2006 at 6:33PM
SARAH said:
I THINK THAT IT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER.
posted Nov 7, 2006 at 6:33PM
Ben said:
I think Hoot was a really good, funny and interesting book, just like the movie. I reccomend it to pthers!!!!
posted Oct 25, 2006 at 7:41PM
Ben said:
posted Oct 25, 2006 at 7:41PM
Sarah said:
I think that Hoot is the best book that I've read!!!!
posted Oct 20, 2006 at 11:47AM
Sarah said:
I think that Hoot is the best book that I've read!!!!
posted Oct 20, 2006 at 11:47AM
Maria said:
I thought this book was great! It was really exciting and kept me reading. It wouldn't get a five, but it's definately a four.
posted Oct 19, 2006 at 8:49PM
Maria said:
posted Oct 19, 2006 at 8:49PM
Ben said:
I really enjoyed Hoot! I thought it was a really good book!. If you like funny and interesting books, Hoot is for you!!!
posted Oct 18, 2006 at 4:20PM
Ben said:
posted Oct 18, 2006 at 4:20PM
Ben S. said:
Hoot is a very interesting,funny, exciting and active book. I highly reccomend this book to young readers who enjoy great books!!!!
posted Oct 11, 2006 at 10:52AM
Devin said:
I love this book because it is funny,sad and much much more. I recomened it.
posted Oct 7, 2006 at 3:20PM
Devin said:
I love this book because it is funny,sad and much much more. I recomened it.
posted Oct 7, 2006 at 3:20PM
Devin said:
Yhis was my favorite book ever, i will read over and over
posted Sep 15, 2006 at 8:24PM
Devin said:
Yhis was my favorite book ever, i will read over and over
posted Sep 15, 2006 at 8:24PM
Brooke said:
I absolutlly loved this book! I couldn't put it down and I finished it within 2 days. I recommend seeing the movie as well as reading the book, but I definetly enjoyed the book more than I did the movie.
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 9:10PM
Brooke said:
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 9:10PM
Julia said:
I think it's really funny, & Cute.
posted Aug 9, 2006 at 6:13PM
Julia said:
I think it's really funny, & Cute.
posted Aug 9, 2006 at 6:13PM
Minisha said:
it was really good, funny, witty, clever. I picked it up and didn't stop. the characterization was awesome!!!!!
posted Jul 28, 2006 at 11:06AM
Devin said:
It was amazing. the book was hilarious. This really a book i would read again and again.
posted Jul 20, 2006 at 4:24PM
Devin said:
posted Jul 20, 2006 at 4:24PM
Inshehar said:
This was the Best Book Ever! It was about a teenage boy named Roy, who tries whatever he can to save some owls that are in danger. It's all up to Roy to save these owls, but can he save them all on his own? Read this book to find out!
posted Jul 15, 2006 at 8:12PM
Inshehar said:
posted Jul 15, 2006 at 8:12PM
Heba said:
This is one of my favorite books I've ever read. I actually like the book better then the movie, the book is much more detailed. It was about these owls that are in danger, and it's up to this 14 year old boy named Roy tries his very best to help these helpless owls. I'm not going to tell you why the owls are in danger,I don't want to spill out everything that goes in the book! If you hadn't read the book yet, but only saw the movie, I suggest read the book to compare the differences!
posted Jul 8, 2006 at 6:32PM
Heba said:
posted Jul 8, 2006 at 6:32PM
Inshehar said:
I really enjoyed reading this book a little more than the movie "Hoot" that came out. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good read.
posted Jul 7, 2006 at 7:47PM
Inshehar said:
posted Jul 7, 2006 at 7:47PM
Emma said:
This book was great. I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read.
posted Jul 5, 2006 at 11:27AM
Emma said:
This book was great. I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read.
posted Jul 5, 2006 at 11:27AM
Emma said:
This is a great book.
posted Jun 28, 2006 at 7:52PM
Emma said:
This is a great book.
posted Jun 28, 2006 at 7:52PM
David said:
It is good! this book has owls in it and great story.
posted Jun 20, 2006 at 2:00PM
David said:
It is good! this book has owls in it and great story.
posted Jun 20, 2006 at 2:00PM
Molly said:
I loved this book. The reason i loved it so much is because it shows what a true friendship can do for things like the owls in this book. I think that it was really cool how Roy, Mullet Fingers, and Beatrice overcame their differences to speak for the owls because they couldnt speak for themselves. I think that there is 1 important message in the book and that is to stand up for things/people if they are to afraid or cant stand up for themselves. I think that is a great lesson to know!
posted Jun 19, 2006 at 11:01AM
Molly said:
posted Jun 19, 2006 at 11:01AM
maria said:
This book was fantastic! It was about two boys and one girl trying to save the borrowing owls that were going to be bulldozed over by a pancake company. These kids do whatever it takes to save the small animals!
posted Jun 6, 2006 at 6:19PM
maria said:
posted Jun 6, 2006 at 6:19PM
rockdahouse said:
i think hoot is a very good book. i especially like the end. all those cute owls were rescued by 3 teens who really tried to make a difference in the world.
posted Jun 1, 2006 at 4:10PM
Andrew said:
This book Hoot, Was very mystifing and suspicous There was a kid named Roy and he saw a running boy outside the wndow while being smashed against the window by Dana Matherson. It was great!!!!!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Drew said:
This was a good book that kept me wanting more and more and more. There were some funny parts, but also some serious parts.
posted May 4, 2006 at 3:25PM
Nicole said:
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! It was one of THE BEST books I have ever read!!!! I think anyone would love this book. I can't wait to see the movie!! I would give it ten stars if I could!!
posted May 2, 2006 at 6:35PM
Jessica said:
I really liked this book because this boy wants to save the owls that their habitat is going to be destroyed if noboby puts a stop to it.I really recommend this book.
posted Aug 27, 2005
Gaurav said:
This is a totaly a master piece. This book is funny, gross, and adventurous. Hoot can be enjoyed by people of all ages. I have read this book more than five times, and I still enjoy it!
posted Jun 4, 2005
Sarah said:
This book is very good and i love the story of Roy. I think a lot of people should read it.
posted Mar 9, 2005 at 11:03AM
Caroline said:
I thought this was a great book. It is about this boy and his friend who are trying to help these little owls stay alive. I know it sounds lame, but it really is a good book. Hoot deals a lot with suspence and courage. This is a great book for all ages.
posted Oct 20, 2004
Anya said:
I thought this book was wonderful. I like it because it had two stories going on at once, and that made it even better. I think the stories, being apart were a little hard to understand, but otherwise, I thought this book was definately worth reading.
posted Jul 7, 2004 at 9:19PM
Eric said:
I thought this book was good. I liked the part about saving the owls. There were a few times when I laughed out loud like when Carl chewed through the bike tire so his friend would not get introuble for being late.
Lauren said:
I think that this is a really good book because you just can't put it down! You have to keep reading. It's a great book. You can't live without reading,Hoot!!
Natalie said:
Hoot is funny, well written, and enjoyable.The book carries us along with a pleasing suspense and steady pace. The author provides neat encapsulations of each character's motivations.