home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the da vinci code : a novel /

Krishna said:
A good read.
posted Dec 28, 2012 at 8:48PM
Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
A good read with an interesting twist. this book became a big hit for it's time though I would have to say may be overated although still a very good book. don't bother seeing the movie but then again I am biased I really am not a fan of tom hanks.
posted Apr 7, 2011 at 10:55PM
A fabulous novel with a lot of good history speculation and well thought twists and turns. Truly awesome. 10 of 10 stars
posted Oct 8, 2009 at 9:00PM
fantasy_freak said:
This book is so filled with history and although it is meant for adults, it is worth a read.
posted Jul 11, 2009 at 1:01AM
Barrack said:
Theres only one thing to do with a book like this FUEL FOR A CAMPFIRE!
posted Sep 4, 2007 at 5:37PM
Barrack said:
This book is the worst! It completely the most twisted around lies. Its a disgrace to paper!
posted Sep 4, 2007 at 5:34PM
creolewinter said:
This book truly goes without saying. It has become an instant classic.
posted Sep 2, 2007 at 3:17PM
chicagojane said:
it was alright... left alot of open questions... worth a read
posted Jul 25, 2007 at 9:00PM
Benchamin said:
Beside being the bestseller, this book is amazing! It's about a mystery that Langdon must solve using historical facts, being true or not, to try to figure out the murderer.
posted Jun 4, 2006 at 4:07PM
Vinnie said:
I thought this book was a thrilling and exciting novel. The novel is written very well with a great plot to go with it. If you are into conspiracy type fiction novels then read the Da Vinci Code.
posted Jun 1, 2006 at 7:22PM
Charles M. said:
Regarding "The DaVinci Code," I marvel at the author's (Dan Brown) style, vivid imagination and creativity. Considering that it's basically a work of fiction, I don't see where it could be considered a historical novel. I find it an excellent mystery and a great story. Anyone, Catholic, other Christian, or other religion, who finds it offensive from a religious point of view, is missing the point. That would be like reading "Alice in Wonderland" and concluding that England's Queen Victoria was an evil queen. One thing - "The DaVinci Code" is not a "quick read." And don't plan to read it when you're tired. It needs all the concentration you can muster.
posted May 30, 2006 at 7:59AM
Helene said:
A fascinating read --- I finally just read it, so I understand more when I saw the movie.
posted May 19, 2006 at 11:42AM
Cassie said:
I thought it was a great book but not for those who are Extremly realigous or squimish. It is a mystery fasanating a pageturner that is an extreme thriller that demands to be read.
posted Jun 28, 2005
Erin said:
I thought this book was an amazing thriller. I couldn't put it down at night. It combines history and action. It left me thinking.
posted Jun 13, 2005
Jennifer said:
This book is my all time favorite. It's a mix of action, mystery, and suspense. I recomend this book to anyone ages 12 and up. I know people from 3 different generations who have read it, but if you read it, you have to keep in mund that it is pure fiction. If they had a 10-star rating, thats what i would give it.
posted Feb 17, 2005
Gauri said:
This is one of the most interesting and page-turning books I have ever read. The story is fabulous and it keeps you guessing till the very end. I really liked the way you learned all the information slowly and how there were twists and turns throughout the whole thing. The ending was especially intriguing. I also thought the things it said about Christianity and Da Vinci's art was especially interesting. I would highly reccomend this book to almost anyone.
posted Sep 11, 2004
Lizzie said:
It is SOOOO out of line. Jesus did NOT marry Mary Magdelane. Do not read it. It is a pack of lies!
posted Aug 31, 2004
Gabrielle said:
this book was amazing, the best thriller i have ever read!
posted Jul 27, 2004
Kelsey said:
I thought this book was well writin and thought through. Dan Brown tells a story of a cryptologist and a man named Robert Langdon on their quest to find the Holy Grail, hidden by a secret orginization called the Priory of Sion. Da Vinci and others, including Disney, have hidden clues about the so called truth of Christianity through paintings and movies. But there is one man who has hidden all the final clues to the mysterious Holy Grail.
posted Jun 10, 2004
Mandee said:
I thought that The Davinci Code was really good! It's REALLY suspensful, and it was a good mystery. It is kinda long, but only if you read it in one night! Anyways, I really liked all the symbolism in it also.
posted May 29, 2004
Jackie said:
Amazingly written. This is by far Dan Brown's best. It's a mystery and a thriller about a secret society that will do anything to keep the whereabouts of the Holy Grail a secret and a very religous group who will do anything to have it for themselves. An english professor from Harvard works to crack the DaVinci Code.