About Language CollectionsIntended primarily to serve recent immigrants in Hennepin County, language collections serve patrons interested in lifelong learning, enriching life skills, and becoming an involved community member. Collections continue to be developed and are managed based on demographics and library strategic objectives. Collections are located in libraries where there is an identified population to be served.
- fiction and nonfiction;
- materials for adults, teens, and children;
- materials written by authors in their original language;
- bilingual materials selected based on the premise that the intended audience is not the English speaker;
- electronic resources available in all libraries and, if possible, to remote users;
- materials for English language learners which include instructions or text in a language other than English; and
- magazines and newspapers.