2011 Update on the New Brooklyn Park Library Project
On Dec 13, Lois Lenroot-Ernt wrote:
- The New Brooklyn Park Library Community Advisory Committee (CAC) met three times to discuss the Brooklyn Park Community, the vision for a new library, and the role of the CAC in the planning process.
- A “Constructive Cooperative Agreement” between Hennepin County and the City of Brooklyn Park was signed. It outlines the respective parties’ responsibilities relating to the construction of College Parkway, the access road to the library site that will link West Broadway Avenue and 85th Avenue North.
- Representatives from the Science Museum of Minnesota met with Hennepin County staff to discuss space requirements and programming opportunities. Flexible space to accommodate library and Science Museum programming was identified as a key element in the planning process.
- Staff is reviewing potential STEM programs that could be incorporated into the new Brooklyn Park Library. Site visits and research are underway to develop a program plan.
- The CAC will be convened in 2012 to provide feedback on design concepts as the project moves from the pre-design to schematic design phase of the project.