Fines and Fees
|Type of overdue item||Fine rate||Maximum Fine|
All children's and teen items, including DVDs
$1.00 (per item, per loan period)
All adult items, including DVDs
$6.00 (per item, per loan period)
If your fine balance is:
Under $10: You have full borrowing privileges.
$10-$49.99: You can renew items. If you pay at least 20% of the balance, you can check out up to 2 items.
$50 or more: You can renew items. If you reduce the balance to less than $50 (minimum payment is 20% of the total), you can check out up to 2 items.
Fees for items not returned
- If you think the item may be found, we recommend discussing options with staff before paying the nonrefundable fee.
- A nonrefundable fee will be charged for items that have not been returned and are overdue more than 20 days.
- The fee is based on the average cost for items of that kind, not the exact cost of a particular item.
- Instead of paying the non-refundable fee, you may be able to supply the library with a replacement copy (certain rules apply). Please contact library staff before purchasing.
- If an item is returned incomplete, Library staff will contact you.
- The missing piece must be returned within 30 days to avoid charges.
- A nonrefundable service fee will be charged for items not returned.
Paying fees and fines
- Log in to My Account to determine what fees and fines have been charged to your library card.
- Fees and fines can be paid in person by cash or check.
- If the balance is $2.00 or more, you can also pay online with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard). To pay online, log in to My Account.
- Fees and fines of all types remain on your account until paid.