home > library information > national library week at hcl (April 14-20, 2013)
Communities Matter @ your library

Previous Comments:

On Apr 20, Isabella wrote:
Books, magazines, and digital materials inform, teach, inspire, change, and entertain us! We are so lucky to be in a community where we have access to such a fabulous library system!

On Apr 19, Barb wrote:
I love my library! Because of some vision issues, I prefer large-print books. The Hennepin County Library has a good selection of large-print titles. I also take advantage of the classes and programs. I recently bought an ereader--but only after I went to the library's program on ebooks. I have also enjoyed the genealogy programs.

On Apr 19, wrote:
It is important to me as I go to my doctor's appointment and it is convenient to for me. Right on a busline as I use a bus for travel. I love this library it has cozy chairs if I want to stay & read.

On Apr 18, Marcia wrote:
It is always busy with people taking out books, using the computers or going to programs. I love my library.

On Apr 18, Julio wrote:
It is important because Monday through Sunday you can see people from all walks of life go into the library either to do research, listen to a story, check e-mail or just to have a relaxing time reading a magazine or the newspaper or just to look at a picture book in the children section. I am one of those thousands of people who walk into the building almost everyday after work.This is a very laid back place where you feel welcome and think to yourself, "Thank God there is a library in this community." Coming from a country where libraries are just for a few select group of people, I appreciate and admire the initiative taken by Mr. Benjamin Franklin and how the Hennepin County has devoted tax dollars to continue this philanthropical endeavor. Thank you so much for keeping the libraries open and for building more.

On Apr 18, Celeste wrote:
I love my library! Staff is always very helpful. They have homework help to those who need it. Comfy chairs if I want to stay and read.

On Apr 17, feifei wrote:
I love the family storytime there and also the playroom for my 3 years old kid to go having fun and starting to learn reading and social with people

On Apr 17, Annelies wrote:
It is said that is takes a city to raise a child, and the hclib Library system is most definitely where I was raised. When my family was new in town, the library was where my mom found some warm, welcoming people that were some of her first friends. For me, the library was a place where I could go and learn about most anything in the world. The library was a place with great air conditioning to hang out at in the summer, where my mom would let me and my brothers loose to get whatever books we wanted. The staff always seemed to know us, and if they didn't they were always kind and soon came to know us anyways. Spending my summers here was what instilled in my a great love for books that persists to this day; I clearly remember the time when we hit the 100 item limit on our family library card. As I've grown, the library has continued to provide me with a wealth of opportunities including free classes, volunteering opportunities, almost any book I could ever want, and a persisting community that has filled my life with people I will never forget. I love my library!

On Apr 17, Betsy wrote:
It's there if I need help with computer classes and help finding information. I would like to say the staff is very helpful. I would to say a special Thank-you to Dennis. Dennis is always willing to help and if you notice that he's always busy helping someone. Thanks

On Apr 17, vicki wrote:
The Nokomis Library is always busy. Newly renovated, it has become the heart of the neighborhood. I love having such a wonderful resource so close to home.

On Apr 16, Suzanne wrote:
I love our libraries!!! Thanks for being there. We/I learn so much here and keep connected through the internet and my e-mail. I'm sorry the hours were shortened. How can we improve this? Also, I think we have grown in this community and definately need more computers. They are often busy and very much so when school gets out. Lots of kids here. Thanks so much for asking. I love our librarians here. They are so helpful and caring. Wonderful resources!!!

On Apr 16, Nancy wrote:
it gives so many free classes for every age!

On Apr 16, Mindy wrote:
I have enjoyed so many great programs at the library--readings, lectures, puppet shows, storytimes. My daughter and I love the library!

On Apr 15, julianne wrote:
Before I had my own computer, the ladies at the library would help me use the library computers. It is nice to know that there are computers there for anyone to use. It seems there are always people there online. Now I pick up mysteries every week for my 87 year old mother and she so appreciates having books to read.

On Apr 15, juanita wrote:
Because it has more books than I do.

On Apr 14, juanita wrote:
I would be totally lost without the library because my favorite thing is reading. I would rather read than watch Tv.

On Apr 14, Dana wrote:
I'm trying hard to instill the love for reading in my children and the library is helping me do that. I love the storytimes and variety of childrens books. My boys love coming the the library and I love that!

On Apr 14, Icorigin wrote:
Need more privacy screens, especially for the larger-screen monitors. Need the library to close 9 pm on Sundays for extra work and games.

On Apr 14, Tiffany wrote:
I love that the library provides access for all classes and income levels. I love my library.

On Apr 14, Paul wrote:
I love having access to so many books! But I also really love that the libraries are a space for people to come for computer access, other information resources, events, and community events.

On Apr 14, Anthony wrote:
It provides a necessary positive outlet for our children VS the crime and negativity that the streets has to offer them..