Bi-Folkal KitsA kit is a multimedia presentation to spur discussion and memories. Bi-Folkal kits provide captivating, informing and stimulating activities for older adults. Focusing on reminiscence, remembering and reflecting, the kits can be used with any group of older adults or mixed-age groups. Each kit is designed to unlock remarkable stories, humorous anecdotes, and first-person accounts of history, experience and life.
Every kit features:
- A program manual with general programming tips, specific instructions, how to use the kit with mixed age groups, plus additional ideas and resources
- A media presentation (video or slide cassettes)
- 25 sing-along booklets in large, easy-to-read type
- An additional cassette with sing-alongs on one side and stories on the other
- Things to touch such as objects, textures, shapes, scented items and more, as varied as the kit topic
- Additional activities such as skits, maps and crossword puzzles
- Review the list of kits for book suggestions.
- Reserve a kit that is available and fits your needs.
- The kit will be sent to the library of your choice at least three days before you need to pick it up.
- You can reserve up to six kits.
- Mini-Kits: Mini-Kits include the audio/visual component of the Bi-Folkal Kits without the teaching tools and photocopies.
- Slideas: Slides plus ideas makes slideas. These theme slide sets are ready to use with a slide projector or an individual viewer. The kit includes a script to read, activity ideas, discussion starters and a resource list.