At Your Library
Teen Art Educators Needed!
Hennepin County Library seeks high school students age 16-18 (students entering grade 11 or 12) to lead Art Out of the Box programs in libraries in Hennepin County. Art Out of the Box
is a partnership between Hennepin County Library and the Minneapolis Institute of Arts
. Teen Art Educators will lead art programs for kids in grades 2-5 in the summer of 2013. The programs will focus on specific works of art from the Minneapolis Institute of Arts collection
. Teen Art Educators will be paid a $50.00 stipend for each program date and $75.00 for each training date.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted from April 1 through April 14, 2013
. APPLY ONLINE HERE
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please contact Joyce Linman at (612) 543-8826 or e-mail her at jlinman at hclib.org.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Lead Art Out of the Box
programs in libraries.
- Set up for and clean up after program
- Distribute art and program materials to children
- Share knowledge about art and culture with program audience
- Lead program activities based on provided curriculum
- Assist children in studio art activities
Learn about art and culture as represented in the Minneapolis Institute of Arts collection
, and learn how to share knowledge with children in libraries.
- Attend two training sessions: one at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and one at a library
- Learn about works of art that will be featured in the Art Out of the Box program
- Learn how to share knowledge of art and culture with school-age children
You must be:
- High school student age 16-18 entering grades 11 or 12
- Available to attend two trainings on Saturday June 1 and June 8, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Available for 5-9 dates in the summer, June through August
- Able to get transportation to trainings and program sites throughout Hennepin County
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- An active e-mail user for communication purposes
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Outgoing and friendly attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a diverse community setting
- Some experience working with children