At Your Library
Teens Online Volunteer Information
2011-2012 Teen Biographies
We are looking for individuals to become members of a teen advisory group called Teens Online.
How to Apply:
We are not currently taking applications to join Teens Online. Please check back and apply during the 2013 summer for next school year 2013-2014. Let us know
if you would like us to send you an email reminder.
This advisory group will support the Hennepin County Library TeenLinks website. TeenLinks is created and maintained by staff of the Hennepin County Library (HCL) with the help of Teens Online members. TeenLinks offers dynamic and interactive resources specially designed for young adults ages 12 - 18 to use at home, in the library, or at school. Features include book, music, software, and game reviews; timely homework topic; and links to teen recommended Web sites. TeenLinks is updated regularly to reflect the needs and interests of teens. Web sites are selected for TeenLinks following HCL collection development guidelines.
- Review TeenLinks Web pages and suggest improvements
- Suggest and review websites for TeenLinks
- Create book, game, software, or music reviews
- Develop original content for the website such as book trailers, podcasts, etc.
- Offer advice on marketing TeenLinks
- Other tasks as assigned
- Grades 8 - 12, resident of Hennepin County
- Use current e-mail address (you don't need a home computer)
- Enthusiastic about providing ideas for TeenLinks
- Willingness to contribute to a creative team
- Web design experience is a plus, but not necessary
Nine months (September through May) for about 2-4 hours each month, including the monthly 2 hour meeting. Participate in these meetings at the Ridgedale Library
, respond promptly to Teens Online e-mail communication, and complete projects by May or sooner.
Mentoring and supervision will be provided by Information & Online Services Librarian Jody Wurl at 612.543.8521