Current service information
Hennepin County libraries are open to the public and many of our services have resumed.
All visitors to Hennepin County buildings are required to wear face coverings that cover both mouth and nose.
- Visitors are welcome to sit, read, study, or use Wi-Fi without time limits. You can browse or check out materials, pick up holds, get a library card, find assistance with reference questions, and more.
- Most furniture will be reinstalled at libraries across Hennepin County by June 8.
- Meeting rooms will be available to reserve starting June 21. Learn more about reserving and using meeting spaces.
- Public computers are available. No appointment is needed, but fewer computers are available. Visitors may encounter wait times during peak hours.
Social distancing measures remain in place at the library. These measures will continue to impact our services. For example:
- Some furniture will remain out-of-service to provide adequate spacing.
- Staff are unable to offer assistance to computer users.
- Due to their small physical size, Osseo and St. Bonifacius libraries are accepting returns only. Reopening dates are not yet available.
Library programming, including storytime and homework help, continues to be entirely online. No in-person events or programs are scheduled at this time.
You can still connect to library resources from home.
See all online resources available from your library.