Book Club Kits
The Amateur Marriage LARGE PRINT
by Tyler, Anne
Print this page
Email this list
1. Did you find Michael and Pauline to be sympathetic characters?
2. How do the time period and setting affect the story?
3. How is Pauline and Michael's marriage defined by Lindy's disappearance? Would they have still faced the same issues without this stress? Or would their marriage have still struggled because of their basic differences?
4. Do you think Michael was happier with Anna than he had been with Pauline? Was Pauline happier after the divorce than she had been when married to Michael?
5. How does Lindy's return affect the family? Does it help resolve any of the issues the family faced because of her disappearance? Did you understand Pagan's response to her return?
6. What is the meaning of the title? Are Pauline and Michael still amateurs at the end of their marriage?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides