Book Club Kits
by Almond, David
Print this page
Email this list
1. What kind of changes have Michael's family gone through shortly before he meets Skellig?
2. Describe Skellig. What does he look like physically? What is he?
3. How does Michael's baby sister's illness affect the family?
4. How is Mina different from Michael's school friends?
5. Michael says, "I reached across his back and felt something beneath his other should as well. Like thin arms, folded up. Springy and flexible." (pg. 31) What is this?
6. Many people tell Michael that people's should blades are where their wings once were. Have you ever heard this story before? Who told it to you?
7. What kind of information does Michael learn about arthritis? Who shares it with him? How does it help Skellig?
8. What happens when Michael's second heartbeat stops beating?
9. Do you believe that Skellig might be an angel? Do you believe in angels? Share why or why not.
10. Predict what you think might happen to Skellig at the end of the book.
|Additional discussion questions from:
Publisher's Discussion Guide