home > bookspace > my comments > comment: eat, pray, love : one woman's search for everything across italy, india and indo

Jen M said:
I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how it compares. Her time in Italy is my favorite.
posted Jul 20, 2011 at 6:09PM
I first read this on my honeymoon, of all places! It sparked some interesting conversations with my hubby, and a true love for this book!
posted Jun 23, 2011 at 12:21PM
Avatar for Horseback writing Horseback writing said:
While I found Gilbert’s story interesting, I thought she was very self absorbed, and that her writing is most entertaining when she writes about others, as opposed to herself.
posted Jan 19, 2010 at 2:45PM
moorel3 said:
A great combination of personal story, travel writing and spiritual journey in a style that is utterly convincing, even persuasive. She creates an interest in, and for many I suspect, a motivation to share her experiences.
posted Jun 24, 2008 at 10:09PM
kathy lord said:
i enjoyed this book. she writes from the heart & is so honest & real. her pain is hard yet she writes so it’s not unbearable to go on this year long journey of self discovery. i got it for a christmas gift & loved it. the journey physically in her travels & emotionally was well worth it.
posted Feb 14, 2008 at 5:04PM
Sharking said:
I really enjoyed this book, how lucky to be able to take a year off. Glad I could dream it through this book.
posted Feb 11, 2008 at 1:03PM
Not many books have made me laugh out loud and also shed tears. This one did. Gilbert writes with tremendous candor and humor about struggling through her crisis of the soul. I hated to see this memoir come to an end.
posted Nov 20, 2007 at 8:55AM
rmrye263 said:
I loved this book! She not only takes us on her journey to Italy, India and Indonesia but into her heart and soul. Her courage to be so honest about her spiritual journey-the high points and the low points-is what I find so motivating. A brillant example of how with the right attitude we can get through our personal crisis and come out the other side a much better person with a completely different view of life.
posted Sep 23, 2007 at 3:28PM
ArtsyMama said:
I really enjoyed this book. It’s easy to read fast, the writing is wonderfully conversational. However, it’s the kind of book you never want to end. A great read!
posted Dec 11, 2006 at 8:32PM
Sue said:
This is a glorious book -- touching, funny, heartbreaking, uplifting, and full of love, warmth and compassion. Reading this book seemed like I was having a lovely conversation with Ms. Gilbert each day. What a beautiful gift to the literary world.
posted Aug 4, 2006 at 9:32AM