home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the road /
The road
Cormac McCarthy
Adult Fiction MCCARTH

COURAGE86 said:
very good book. starts off very slow so give it a couple of chapters. but well worth it
posted Jan 25, 2011 at 6:31PM
Max said:
I am french but it was not so hard to read this book because the story is simple meanwhile the vocabulary is very rich. I had a really good time reading this book, because the autor explained clearly the difficulty to survive in an apocalyptique world, for example how to find fouod every day or how to sleep in the cold. The relationship between the father and the son is very intense. one of my best book.
posted Mar 9, 2010 at 10:35AM
Greetings from Maryland said:
Tom Stechschulte deserves an Audie award for his haunting naration of this post apocalyptic tale of a father and son. I will always remember the son's voice as he cries out "Papa, I'm scared, I'm very very scared."
posted Apr 30, 2008 at 8:09AM
I’m sure you are aware of this title. I recommend it less as a “novel” per se, as it isn’t very plot driven. I would call this a free form poem telling of the ghostly walk of a man and his son to the sea after the collapse of world. The imagery is sad and powerful, the walk pointless, but what do you do after time has ended but keep going and try to stay alive? Don’t expect a concrete story format with this. Think of it as haunting pictures of the last days.
posted Mar 18, 2008 at 7:49PM
booksister said:
I LOVED this book. I read it in one sitting until 1:30 AM. It met my 2 basic criteria for a great book: compelling story & beautiful writing.
posted Oct 12, 2007 at 12:01PM
l_miller said:
Excellent book. McCarthy uses the simplest of language and remains of events instead of the events themselves to create a convincing world where love is the only thing with a future. And with 11,000 nuclear weapons floating around, you might read it for the tips - someday this could be a documentary.
posted Aug 14, 2007 at 10:48AM
bubba ho tep said:
whoa its all like crazy in this books like zombies and vampires and jews
posted Aug 6, 2007 at 3:45PM