home > bookspace > my comments > comment: matilda /
Matilda
Dahl, Roald
Children's Fiction DAHL

Comments  Summary  Contents  Reviews  Author Notes

Aliza said:
I would recommend this book because it was a sweet tale that people who like stories about learning and magic will enjoy.
posted Jun 10, 2013 at 9:17PM
Pretty much any Roald Dahl book deserves a place on this list, but this one is my all-time favorite. It's just so satisfying.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 4:36PM
Any Roald Dahl book is good, actually, but this is a good introduction.
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 5:48PM
megan said:
i love this book. it is about a girl who loves to read and play tricks on her parents. i read this book twelve times i recommend it for all this book for people all under the age of ten
posted Sep 18, 2011 at 11:20AM
megan said:
posted Sep 18, 2011 at 11:20AM
Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
Roald Dahl, has always been a good writer, to this day I still have at least two or three of his books on my bookshelf & I am currently In my twenties! Matilda is one of those titles. witty, funny, & brilliant about sum up this kids story that I grew up with and still am a fan of to this day.
posted Apr 7, 2011 at 9:01PM
A cute little book about a misunderstand genius child.
posted Jan 2, 2011 at 9:35PM
epirkl said:
This book is more of a younger person book. If you haven't read it yet, though, I recommend that you read it. There's also a fairly good movie based on it.
posted Jun 15, 2010 at 4:26PM
venessa said:
matilda is also written by the same autur as the bfg.matilda loves to read when her family goes somewhere she goes to the library.then reads there.if you want to know more read this book.
posted Oct 17, 2008 at 12:41PM
Victoria said:
Matilda teaches you that you can do anything you set your mind to, know matter how small or young you may be.
posted Jun 16, 2008 at 12:51PM
Victoria said:
posted Jun 16, 2008 at 12:51PM
dah97 said:
I love the book!I know its sad that her parents treat her like that but its funny the things and tricks that she does to them!!!!
posted Jan 28, 2008 at 12:26PM
Aditi said:
Matilda is a kind and intelligent little girl who likes to read and learn but her parents didn't support her. Then she took revenge on her mean parents and cruel teacher.
posted Jun 28, 2007 at 11:34PM
kortney said:
i love this book because it makes me laugh and it's a very good book. It also gets you to want to keep reading on. Id give Matilda a five star.
posted May 17, 2007 at 2:13PM
kortney said:
posted May 17, 2007 at 2:13PM
Sydney said:
I think Matilda is a wonderful book because it has a lot of great humor and its very entertaining. Matilda has idiot parents but she is a superhuman genius. I do hope that if you read this book it will make you laugh out loud.
posted May 17, 2007 at 1:23PM
Sydney said:
posted May 17, 2007 at 1:23PM
Matthew said:
I love this book beacuse it's full of fantasy,laughter,and just plain weird stuff. This book is about a girl who get's treated poorly by here family and has a wicked princple A.K.A Mrs Trunchbull. Then Matilda discorvers her powers and gets revenge on the people who treated her poorly. Read Matilda to find out more!
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:43PM
Matthew said:
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:43PM
Caelan said:
The book Matilda a very funny book! Matilda is a genious with idiot parents. Matilda is also wondering who put super glue in her dad's hat! I would give this book five stars! I would defintely recommend that you should defintely read this book!
posted May 16, 2007 at 1:27PM
Mustafa said:
I think this book is a pretty nice one. Ronald Dahl is a very good writer. He made this book very good. Its one of my favorites. I recommend this book to anyone.
posted Feb 27, 2007 at 10:33PM
Inshehar K. said:
Another one of my all time favorites! Matilda is an extremely intelligent girl who lives with her nasty, evil parents, who don’t care about Matilda one bit. Matilda starts her first day in kindergarten, and her teacher is so surprised of Matilda’s knowledge, that she believes that she should be sent to a higher-grade level! Although, the principal disapproves…Other books by Ronald Dahl that are a must read is The Twits and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
posted Feb 26, 2007 at 10:39PM
Bobbi said:
It was a great book. I have now read the book and I have watched the movie. I think the movie was better. They arn't the same.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Lily said:
I really like this book. I was surprised when I read that Matilda learned her times tables when she was very young. I thought this book was also funny.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Sophia said:
This was a great book. It was helarious when Matilda played all those nasty tricks on her parents. I was entranced and amazed by Matilda's super power, being able to move things with her eyes. I really wish that I had a teacher like Ms. Honey! Thia was a great book!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
KC said:
I think it was very good and it had such a happy ending that it made me want to read it over again.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Krissy said:
This book is a really great choice for Roald Dahl fans.This book is about a girl born into a family of snotty humans.Her life is miserable until she finds out she has th power to levitate objects. She uses this power to-well, read the WONDERFUL book to find out!!!!!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Mohammed said:
I really enjoyed reading this book on that rainy day last week. It was about a girl genius who had parents that didn't care about her. When she started kindergarten, her teacher, Mrs. Honey, noticed her high educated mind and immediately went to persuade the principal to let her jump all the way to the fifth grade! The pricipal refused and told her she was out of her mind to suggest such a thing. At the end, Matilda ended up living with Mrs. Honey, instead of her parents.
posted Aug 16, 2005
Inshehar said:
I really enjoyed reading this book. Although it's particularly aimed to twelve year olds, it really entertained me on that rainy Saturday afternoon. Why? Matilda reminded me of myself. I, too, was educated far beyond my years and got to skip a couple of years of school. Matilda is a young girl living with two parents that aren't really fond of her. She goes to school, and her teacher, Mrs. Honey realizes she is highly educated to be in kindergarten, and should jump right into the fifth grade! Mrs. Honey discusses it with the pricipal but she refuses; "That is silly!" I recommend this to anyone; aimed to twelve year olds or not.
posted Jul 22, 2005
Anna said:
It is a wonderful book about a 5 year old genusis. The parents in this story don't even know that she can read.
posted Dec 18, 2004 at 3:17PM
Inshehar said:
Finally! A book for all ages. Not too hard or not too easy; right in the middle. I liked this book because it's funny, and i feel like what's happening to Matila is happening to me. It's about a five yrs. old girl that just loves to read. She knows the multiplication tables, read adult level books, and loves it at the same time. I telling you if your bored or its' raining outside, read this. You'll enjoy it. I assure you.
posted Jul 13, 2004
Laura said:
Matilda is a little girl who is the youngest in her family. She loves to read and her parents think she is horribly stupid because of it.They think that she should watch TV instead.This book is hilariously ingenious. I give it 2 thumbs up.
posted Jun 29, 2004 at 12:40PM
Jennifer said:
I loved this book. It was full of surprises. I would have never thought the book would have ended how it did..It was so funny it was hard to set the book down for a few minutes!
posted Jun 23, 2004 at 2:43PM
Josh said:
It was one of the best books I have ever read. The pranks she pulls on her parents are realy funny. It was an easy read but it was so good I read it four times.
posted Jun 15, 2004 at 2:46PM
Brianna said:
I think it was great! If you liked the movie you'll love the book.The book is a tiny bit different but that's what I like about it. Just because it isn't found in the teen section doesn't mean you cant read it!!
Kelli said:
This is the best book I have ever read. The first time I read this book was in 2nd grade. My teacher read it to the class. When she was finished with the book I had my mom go out and buy the book. I still have that book my mom bought me and i read it often. I would recommend it to anyone. It doesn't matter if you are 8 or 88!!