home > bookspace > my comments > comment: fever, 1793 /
Fever, 1793
Laurie Halse Anderson
Children's Fiction ANDERSO

I love this book sooo much I’ve read it like 10 times!And once we went to a twins game and at the end my mom found out I had no idea what had happend because i was reading this book the whole time!!!If you have not read this book you should get it from the library,or better yet,buy it! I would spend any amount of money to get this book!!!
posted Oct 10, 2011 at 7:34PM
A really good historical fiction book
posted Apr 6, 2011 at 8:12PM
This Book is Awesome!!! You have to read this and then get all your friends to read this Totally Awesome History Book!!!!!!!!!
posted Jan 21, 2011 at 1:30PM
If you don't know what yellow fever is, then you probably haven't caught it and thus are probably still alive which is good, because I don't want any dead people reading my reviews. I won't stand for it. But, if you don't know what yellow fever is, then you probably haven't read this awesome book which means that you probably should read this awesome book that's true except it's not true, which makes it fiction.
posted May 26, 2010 at 11:54AM
CLBooks said:
Best book ever!!!!!! This book is down right the best book ever it is suspensful and advenurous! I don’t know what makes it such a great book but you have to read it!
posted Mar 13, 2010 at 10:26PM
KittieKat1211 said:
I really liked this book about the yellow fever epidemic in Philadelphia in 1793. It made me curious and I looked up yellow fever on the internet. I found out it was spread by mosquitoes and I noticed that the people in the book were swatting mosquitoes a lot.
posted Jun 18, 2009 at 7:22AM
vampiredw said:
just flat out AWESOME!!!!!!! it actually made me cry in some parts. u have GOT to read this book. even if u don’t really care about american history books u still have to read it. i don’t take an interest in american history but this book is just UNBELIEVEABLY AMAZING!!! so just give it a try, and there’s also a tad bit of romance in it too, so it’s not like it’s BORING.
posted Aug 8, 2008 at 9:48PM
Amelia said:
I read it when I was in 3rd grade and I loved it. My brother also read it and he loved it. It is about a girl during a time when the yellow fever was not able to be cured and when it was famous because it killed alot of people during that time. I hope you read it some time!!!!
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:46PM
Amelia said:
posted Jan 31, 2008 at 7:46PM
Avatar for KidLinks librarians KidLinks librarians said:
Mattie is a fourteen year old girl with dreams of running her father’s coffee shop one day. But in the summer of 1793, Philadelphia is struck by the dreaded yellow fever. People are fleeing the town by the thousands. Mattie tries to escape to the country but she too comes down with the fever and must return. With her beloved city in shambles, Mattie must find the strength to save herself and others left behind.
posted Dec 4, 2007 at 10:39AM
Maria said:
I thought that this book had a great perspective of what it was like in the setting of the book and how it was part of our American History. If you like history then you will for sure love this book!
posted Jun 22, 2006 at 5:03PM
Maria said:
posted Jun 22, 2006 at 5:03PM
Samantha said:
This book touched my heart. It is about a girl who lives in the colonial times in PA. The city is undergoing a epidemic that is killing thousands and the people panic and start leaving the city. Only the frost kills it, but the girl doesn't think that she and her family will make it.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Kelsey said:
I liked this book because it was adventurous. It's about a girl who's family gets Scarlet Fever, and how some of the town gets this deadly diese. She leaves her town with her grandfather, and realizes the only way for her to live is for her to deal with it. I really liked it
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Kit said:
it was really good. it felt like you were really in 1793
posted Oct 20, 2004
Krista said:
I think this is one of the best books I have ever read. I thought it was interesting and well written. The book had the ability to place you right in the middle of the story though I did read it several years ago,I can still imagine several of the locations in which it took place!! This book is brilliant but is missing something.
Madeline said:
I absolutely LOVED this book. It shows you what life was like in the late 1700's when yellow fever came out. This book is amazing, but it gets kind of sad in some parts. Make sure you read this book! If you liked Speak, a previous book by Laurie Halse Anderson, you should love this one!
Michelle said:
This book tells the story of a 14 year old girl, named Mattie, who is living in Philadelphia in 1793 when a disease called yellow fever spreds through her town. Now everyone is fleeing out to the country to avoid the fever, except Mattie and her family.