home > bookspace > my comments > comment: maniac magee : a novel /
Maniac Magee : a novel
Jerry Spinelli
Children's Fiction SPINELL

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

"Everyone knows the story of a kid is one parts truth, one part legend, and one part snowball." -Maniac Magee
posted Apr 8, 2013 at 5:45PM
posted Jan 24, 2013 at 6:50PM
"Everyone knows the story of a kid is two parts legend, one part fiction, and one part snowball." -Maniac Magee, more or less. I paraphrased a little.
posted Dec 4, 2012 at 7:47PM
epirkl said:
This book had me laughing and crying... I've read it twice, and it's about a boy who has run away from home.
posted Jun 15, 2010 at 4:41PM
william said:
Maniac Magee is a great true storie about a boy who dosen't fit in but finds a home in the end. you'll love this book if you liked A long Way from Chicago or Tuck Everlasting.
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:42PM
william said:
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:42PM
mvan127 said:
this book was great, if you like those kind of books that are like,
posted Oct 4, 2009 at 9:28AM
monkey ella said:
I love this book it is a must read no doubt about it!!!!!! i loved it so much I read it probably 20 times!Its about this boy His parents died in a trolley crash. So he lives withhis Aunt and Uncle who arent very nice so he runs away to a town called Two mills.He dosent even go to school he is very good at almost everything he tries and he is funny and nice.But what he’s best known for is what he did for the kids from the East Side and those from the West side. I better not tell you any more because you should read it definitly!!!!!
posted Sep 16, 2009 at 2:32PM
jokergrrl said:
I loved this book! I first read it in 5th grade... it’s really good, and everyone should read it. And f.y.i., you should read Jerry Spinelli’s other books, okay?
posted Oct 20, 2008 at 4:28PM
Matt said:
i really love this book. Some parts are sad and then other parts make you laugh. It is the best children's book in my life and i totally reccomend it.
posted Jun 21, 2007 at 2:06PM
Matt said:
posted Jun 21, 2007 at 2:06PM
haley is KOOOOL said:
this book is very interesting it is about a bot who runs away from his foster parents which are his aunt and uncle because his parents die from a car crash.He lives with a black family who are very nice but he is living on the all black side of twon so he runs away from them too, and well i am not going to tell you much more about this book because YOU HAVE TO READ IT YOURSELF!!!!! but just to tell ya it is very GOOD and INTERESTING!!!!!! read it PLEASE
posted Apr 23, 2007 at 2:09PM
Josh said:
This book was great! The author made me feel like I was actually in the story. It also teaches you about how predjudice people are to each other. This is a must read!!
posted Apr 14, 2007 at 4:03PM
Josh said:
posted Apr 14, 2007 at 4:03PM
Michael said:
This book ROCKS! Its about a boy (he can run super fast, by the way.) named Jeffery Magee, and his parents die in a car crash. He finds out that he has to live with really strange and prepy foster parents, and when he finds out he has to live with them, guess what he does? He runs to a place where the blacks and whites are separated by the east end and the west end. I shouldn't tell you much more, so read it yourself! Its really great!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Trae said:
I like the bookbecouse some parts are funny and some parts are sad .And its really fun when you leason to it.My favort charctor is mars bar becouse hes funny and cool.I like the part when he stops the trafic.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
James said:
This book is awesome. Of course I knew it would. Because Jerry Spinelli is an awesome author. If you read this book you'll know what I'm talking about. If you like this book you might want to read some more of his books:"Wringer", "Crash" and "Star Girl".
posted Jun 1, 2004 at 10:44AM