by J Low, 1975
This next ode to Edina history highlights the one-room schoolhouse that was at the heart of Edina education for years. (And the oldest surviving building in the city, circa 1864.) Originally located at the corner of Cahill Road and West 70th Street, the Cahill School served as a community and educational hub for more than 94 years, until it moved to a new building in 1958. The original building was restored in 1969 and now lives at Frank Tupa Park, where it’s still schooling generations of children through field trips, tours and events.
Donated by the Edina Historical Society