Items not returned
A fee will be charged to a patron’s account for items not returned within 40 days of their final due date. If the item is returned within one year of the due date, the fee will be removed from your account.
Once a patron has paid a replacement fee, it cannot be refunded even if the patron finds the item after paying. Instead of paying the nonrefundable fee, you may be able to supply the library with a replacement copy (certain rules apply). Please contact library staff before purchasing.
Replacement fees for lost items
Fees for lost library material (based on average cost for the type of material):
- Group 1: includes board books; comics; magazines; Minnesota Driver's License Manuals; newspapers; children's paperbacks - $5.00/item
- Group 2: includes mass market paperbacks; children's fiction books; easy readers; easy mixed media; adult readers - $10.00/item
- Group 3: includes music CDs; easy and teen fiction and nonfiction books $15.00/item
- Group 4: includes adult fiction books; children's nonfiction books; children's mixed media; children's and easy DVDs; music CD boxed sets - $20.00/item
- Group 5: includes adult nonfiction books; large print books; adult and teen DVDs; children's and easy audiobooks on CD; adult and teen music CD boxed sets - $25.00/item
- Group 6: includes adult and teen audiobooks on CD; read-alongs; adult mixed media - $50.00/item
- Group 7: includes laptop computer; power check energy meter - list price (default $100)
If your fee balance is:
- Under $30 - You have full borrowing privileges.
- Over $30- You can renew items. If you pay at least 10% of the balance, you can check out up to 2 items.
Fees will not prevent you from using library computers, renewals, downloads or other online services.
Log in to your account to determine what fees have been charged to your library card.
If the balance is $2.00 or more, you can pay online with a credit card (Visa or MasterCard). To pay online, log in to your account.