by J Low, 1975
The memory of Edina’s original mill lives on at the library in this drawing by J Low. The artwork shows the old mill on Minnehaha Creek, which helped spur the growth of the surrounding area, providing waterpower and a hub of activity. Built in 1857, the mill changed hands many times; it was owner Andrew Craik who named it Edina Mill as a tribute to his hometown of Edinburgh, Scotland. Though the building is long gone, its memory lingers at the Edina Mills Archaeological Site, which became an Edina Heritage Landmark in 2006.
Donated by the Edina Historical Society