Walker Library is located in the heart of Uptown Minneapolis. Service to area neighborhoods began in 1911, when the library opened at 2901 Hennepin Avenue South. In the 1970s, it moved across the street to an underground location on the northwest corner of Hennepin and Lagoon avenues. A new library built above ground on the same site opened in 2014. The library is named after T.B. Walker (1840-1928), Library Board president, art collector and local businessman.
View a list of free library events.
Join the Friends of Walker Library.
2880 Hennepin Ave.