Stream free movies with your library card
Enjoy thousands of critically-acclaimed movies, inspiring documentaries, award-winning foreign films and more, from Kanopy, the library’s streaming service.
Who can use the service
This service is available to Hennepin County residents with a library card. The service is not available to non-Hennepin County residents, and it is not available through a guest pass.
If you are a Hennepin County resident, but do not yet have a library card, you may get a card instantly online. Complete an application
How to use the service
To use the Kanopy streaming service, log in with your library card and enjoy a diverse catalog with new titles added every month.
Step 1: Log in and create your account on Kanopy.com
Step 2: Start streaming
View as many titles as the monthly ticket limit allows
- Each Hennepin County Library cardholder will have 30 tickets for viewing each month
- Viewing period and tickets required are found on a title’s details page
- Films are instantly available, and most can be viewed within 72 hours of checkout
- Popular films may only be available for viewing within 48 hours of checkout
- Episodic content, including Great Courses, are viewable within a period ranging from 3-21 days depending on total run time of the entire course or season
- Kanopy Kids films are free, no credits required
- Tickets reload at the beginning of each month
Stream anytime, anywhere
Access Kanopy on your laptop or desktop computer, on smart TVs through Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Samsung, or download the Kanopy app to stream on your phone or tablet.