Current service information
Hennepin County libraries are open to the public and many of our services have resumed.
All visitors to county facilities who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear face coverings.
Fully vaccinated people do not have to wear face coverings in county buildings but are welcome to do so.
- Visitors are welcome to sit, read, study, or use Wi-Fi without time limits. You can browse or check out materials, pick up holds, get a library card, find assistance with reference questions, and more.
- Many libraries have rooms available to reserve. Learn more about reserving and using meeting spaces.
- Public computers are available. No appointment is needed, but fewer computers are available. Visitors may encounter wait times during peak hours.
Social distancing measures remain in place at the library. These measures will continue to impact our services. For example:
- Some furniture will remain out-of-service to provide adequate spacing.
- Staff are unable to offer assistance to computer users.
- Osseo and St. Bonifacius libraries are accepting returns only. Reopening dates are not yet available.
No in-person events or programs are scheduled at this time. Visit our events page to find virtual programs available online.
You can still connect to library resources from home.
See all online resources available from your library.